- Mental Health
- Specialty Doctor
- 40 hours per week
- BED Bedford Medical Staffing
- £37,923 to £70,718 pa
- 04/02/2019 23:59
ELFT (East London NHS Foundation Trust) is making a positive difference to thousands of people’s lives, providing support so that they can fulfil their potential and enjoy healthy lives.
We have a number of Specialty Doctor Vacancies across our Bedfordshire Mental Health & Wellbeing Services within Community Mental Health Teams and In-patient Wards.
We are looking for ambitious and enthusiastic doctors who welcome a challenge. You will be encouraged to develop skills and gain experience which can go towards gaining CESR status. Within these roles there will be the opportunity to:
- Have supervision, mentoring and coaching support including peer supervision for CPD
- Acting Up opportunities to gain valuable experience
- Tailored action plan focused on gathering evidence in order to demonstrate an equivalent level of competence for CESR
- Opportunity for teaching medical students and doctors in training
- Training and support to apply for Section 12(s), DOLS and Approved Clinician status
- To attend an annual review of progression panel (ARP) to review placement and support progress
- A review of your job plan to incorporate 2 protected SPA sessions per week to all focus on the CESR and clinical / personal development
- Guaranteed opportunities to act up, gaining valuable experience
- Support to get GMC specialist registration through article 14
We are only 45 minutes away from London King's Cross.
You must have appropriate UK professional registration.
This post is subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act (Exceptions Order) 1975 and it will be necessary for a submission for Disclosure to be made to the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Documents to download
To print a document or save it to your computer, please click with your right mouse button on the document title and select "Save Target As...". You can then save the document in a suitable place on your computer ready to print it out. Clicking with the left mouse button will open the document in a new window (if your web browser can do so).
Further details / informal visits contact
If you are interested in joining one of the top 10 NHS employers then contact either Micol Ascoli, ACD for Inpatient Services on 07961744968 or Dr Zelpha Kittler, Clinical Director for Bedfordshire Mental & Wellbeing Services, on 01234 310138 to discuss these opportunities further. Alternatively arrange a visit to see for yourself the excellent services and opportunities on offer.
If you have problems applying, contact
- 0207 655 4186